B.Tech (E.C.E), Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering, Vaddeswaram, AP
M.Sc (Psychology), Tamil Nadu Open University
M.Des (Electronic Systems),Indian Institute of Information Technology Kancheepuram, TN
RF/ Microwave Engineering - Research area is RF/Microwave Engineering, presently working in design of microwave passive devices like fractal antennas, power dividers, couplers and filters for wireless applications. My research work mainly focus on reducing the size of the various RF passive devices using slow wave structures, sub wavelength resonators, dual transmission line etc., without any compromise on their performance. I am very much interested in design and development of RF devices/components for high-frequency applications (X-band, ka-band etc.) and also to solve any real time and industry oriented RF related design issues.
1. K. V. Phani Kumar and S. S. Karthikeyan, “A Compact and high performance band-stop filter using open complementary split ring resonator,” in the proceedings of IEEE National Conference on Communication (NCC), IIT Delhi, Feb 2013
2. K. V. Phani Kumar and S. S. Karthikeyan, “A Novel design of ratrace coupler using defected microstrip structure and folding technique,” in the proceedings of IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC), KIIT Bhubaneswar, Dec 2013.
3. Chandu D. S, S. S. Karthikeyan and K. V. Phani Kumar, “Reduction of mutual coupling in a two element patch antenna array using subwavelength resonators,” in the proceedings of IEEE National Conference on Communication (NCC), IIT Bombay, Feb 2015.
4. R. K. Barik, K. V. Phani Kumar and S. S. Karthikeyan, “Compact wideband 3 dB branch line coupler with multiple symmetric Pi section” European Microwave Conference, Paris, 2015.
5. Purushothaman. B, K. V. Phani Kumar and S. S. Karthikeyan, “Dual-band bandstop filter using single tri-section stepped impedance open stub,” in the proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP 2015), ISM Dhanbad, Dec. 2015.
6. K. V. Phani Kumar and S. S. Karthikeyan, “A Compact 1:4 lossless T-junction power divider using open complementary split ring resonator,” Radio Engineering Journal, vol. 24, no. 3, Sep. 2015, pp. 717 – 721.
7. K. V. Phani Kumar and S. S. Karthikeyan, “Wideband three section branch line coupler using triple open complementary split ring resonator and open stubs,” AEÜ-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 69, no. 10, Oct. 2015, pp. 1412 – 1416.